Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Sales Manager (Germany) will work with a small dynamic team of Key Account Managers to realize the potential of the evolving Jazz portfolio in Germany. With a focus on our Sleep/Neuroscience medicines and building our presence locally, this role help to ensure that we build an enduring and dynamic biopharmaceutical company which commercializes products to meet unmet patient needs in Germany. This first line manager will set the tone and be a role-model to the Specialist Sales team to ensure that everything we do is focused on three things: putting patients first, being a great place to work, and living our shared values.
· Responsible for leading a team of German Specialist Sales Consultants (SSC) for the current and future Jazz Portfolio
· Focused on the development of SSC team members ensured by constantly providing coaching in the field
· Empower team members to set, meet and exceed SMART objectives, by providing needed tools and resources and taking action to rapidly overcome barriers to success
· In close cooperation with the Business Unit Head ensures the tactical implementation of business plans, brand strategies and customer strategies through effective cross-functional collaboration and implementation of Key Account Management methodology into the team
· Monitor progress in order to continuously improve business performance and tactical execution for the SSC's in region and on an account level
· Ensure all business is conducted in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
· Monitors market trends, opportunities and challenges in territories to enable the German management team to develop the right strategies for further stable growth.
· Demonstrate, foster and reinforce the Jazz culture within the team in order to facilitate, support and drive strong performance with a focus on Excellence and Continuous Improvement
· Set the tone for the team: lead by example, exhibiting the Jazz values
· Be a highly visible, deeply-engaged first line manager and coach for the SSC team
· Ensure that the team is collaborating fully across functions , mainly marketing and medical affairs, to support the business goals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experiences in first line sales-management with proven track record desired
· Proven track record of sales success in German specialty care and ideally hospital business
· Clear understanding of pharmaceutical business, sales management and motivation
· Mastery of selling skills and sales force effectiveness techniques
· Demonstrated experience of the successful implementation of tactical plans and stretch objectives
· Demonstrated success in building productive relationships with internal and external customers
· Very good knowledge in English (Written and orally)
· Willingness to travel, mainly in Germany
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
· Educated to degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
· MBA or equivalent desirable
· Permission according to §75 AMG mandatory
Description of Physical Demands
· Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.