Requisition ID: PHA001519
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Discovery Bioanalytics team within Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM) Department is seeking a Senior Scientist to be located at our research facility in Boston, MA.
You will work with a collaborative and cross-functional team of scientists from both PPDM and Discovery Research. You will be involved in designing, planning and executing analysis of protein therapeutics and small molecules including PK, and PD in preclinical studies.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Apply scientific training and acumen to troubleshoot and identify appropriate bioanalytical solutions for measuring complex and challenging protein and small molecule therapeutics.
- Deliver high quality quantitative, biomarker, and drug data to project teams for PK and PK/PD analysis
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining bioanalytical lab operations
- Develop innovative bioanalytical approaches in support of Merck's pipeline dedicated to developing novel therapeutic agents
A Ph.D. degree (or met all the requirements for a PhD by August 2019) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related area OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience OR a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of the drug discovery process and Drug Metabolism Science (e.g. PK calculations, data interpretation and how data is used)
- Established experience in quantitation of multiple analytes (i.e. xenobiotics, biomarkers) in samples from ADME, MOA, PK/PD, and pre-clinical studies via LC-MS/MS.
- Proved hands-on processing of pre-clinical and ADME samples (e.g. blood, urine, CSF, etc.) using purification techniques
- Knowledge with the operation and execution of routine immunoassay experiments, data interpretation and corresponding technologies such as ELISA and MSD
- Demonstrated ability to analyze MS data and proficiency in software tools, informatics, and data management related to specialized area of work
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in use of core business software and communication tools such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent written communication skills required for effective documentation of laboratory work (e.g. notebooking/ELN)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills, attention to detail, desire to learn, ability to gain competency utilizing bioanalytical software and internal databases
- Deadline driven and have a good level of organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and flexibility to work in a fast-paced team
- History of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Pharmacokinetics/Drug Metab
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: Yes; Use of human and or monkey plasma and other tissues, which are not tested and could potentially include pathogenic agents such as HIV, HCV, Hepatitus Virus and other infectious diseases
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston