We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist to contribute to our drug discovery and early clinical development efforts in the Department of Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM). This position will be based at our Research Lab in Boston, MA.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Demonstrate your passion for generating and interpreting high quality in vitro PPDM data, for use by project teams across a range of therapeutic areas, by performing small molecule and peptide assays according to standard protocols.
- Develop novel methods to address PPDM-related questions across therapeutic modalities.
- Design and interpret studies utilizing in silico, in vitro or in vivo approaches to improve our success in inventing differentiated medicines.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience OR a Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology, chemical engineering, or similar.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Desire to perform and interpret in vitro ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion) studies
- Expertise in bioanalysis using LC-MS/MS
- In-depth knowledge of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Enthusiasm to learn more about drug discovery and development
- Track record of successful leadership
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working within a research-driven pharmaceutical company
- Experience in peptide and/or biologics drug discovery or development
- Familiarity with translational PK/PD concepts
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: