Requisition ID: PHA001524
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist to contribute to Merck's drug discovery and early clinical development efforts in the Department of Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM). This position will be based at our Research Lab in Boston, MA.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Demonstrate your passion for generating and interpreting high quality in vitro PPDM data, for use by project teams across a range of therapeutic areas, by performing small molecule and peptide assays according to standard protocols.
- Develop novel methods to address PPDM-related questions across therapeutic modalities.
- Design and interpret studies utilizing in silico, in vitro or in vivo approaches to improve our success in inventing differentiated medicines.
Education Minimum Requirement:
A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience OR a Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology, chemical engineering, or similar.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Desire to perform and interpret in vitro ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion) studies
- Expertise in bioanalysis using LC-MS/MS
- In-depth knowledge of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Enthusiasm to learn more about drug discovery and development
- Track record of successful leadership
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working within a research-driven pharmaceutical company
- Experience in peptide and/or biologics drug discovery or development
- Familiarity with translational PK/PD concepts
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Pharmacokinetics/Drug Metab
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston