Requisition ID: PRE000704
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Discovery Pharmaceutical Science (DPS) group is seeking a Senior Scientist to be located in either Boston, MA or West Point, PA.
DPS is a multi-disciplinary research group that provides drug delivery, solid state, solution chemistry, and formulation tools in Drug Discovery and Early Drug Product Development. You will support and execute studies for elucidating drug substance chemical degradation pathways and phase optimization.
In this exciting role, you will also:
- Closely interact with Discovery Therapeutic Area functions, Safety Assessment, Process Research, Analytical Chemistry, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics,
- Be responsible for including characterization of potential pre-clinical drug candidates' physicochemical properties and the identification of suitable oral and parenteral preclinical formulations for pharmacology and toxicology studies across a variety of administration routes and modalities (small molecules, peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides).
Education Requirement: A Bachelor's with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience OR a Master's with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR a PhD with less than 1 year experience in relevant field (e.g. Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences)
Required Experience and Skill:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills
- Motivation to work in a team environment with cross-functional interactions.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in pre-clinical / clinical formulation development and physico-chemical characterization
- Specific experience in formulation approaches associated with nucleic acid / gene delivery
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Preclinical Dev Generic
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston