The Analytical Sciences group within our company has an opening for a Senior Scientist based in Rahway, NJ. Join us and experience our culture first-hand — one of strong ethics & integrity, diversified experiences, exceptional science, and a resounding passion for improving human health through innovative drug delivery technologies and predictive analytical tools. As part of our global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
In your role as Senior Scientist, you will be part of a team of Analytical Scientists developing innovative analytical methodologies to enable the development of early phase drug products and Final Market Images (FMI) that span a broad array of dosage forms, combination products and modalities through chemical and physical analytical characterization, imaging tools, and data analysis. You would also contribute towards regulatory submissions to enable clinical trials. Your main responsibilities, which are in no particular order and are by no means complete, include:
- Drive solutions to development challenges of solid and sterile drug products as well as inhaled and implanted combination products with devices for small molecules, peptides and oligonucleotides through active collaboration with cross functional project teams and external vendors and academic collaborators Design scientific studies to inform the selection of early development and market formulation compositions and manufacturing processes using conventional and novel analytical technologies
- Document the execution, procedure, results, and conclusions of experiments in a detailed manner
- Develop and implement analytical methods utilized for both formulation development as well as methods for the release and shelf-life assessment of clinical supplies under good manufacturing practice settings
- Author Investigational New Drug application, Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier, and New Drug Application/Worldwide Marketing Application submissions as well as responding to agency questions and interacting with Health Authorities
- Strong collaboration with internal stakeholders and partners
- Analytical leadership on both drug development within the pipeline and innovative technology teams defining the dosage forms and analytical characterization tools of the future
- Present results of experiments and innovation efforts to teams and internal governance bodies
- Be a leader within the external scientific community in professional organizations, conferences, and publications as well as analytical technology and regulatory sciences related focus groups and consortia
Minimum 0-2 years of relevant industry experience for applicants with a PhD degree or graduating on or before Spring 2020, 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 7 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process, please email us at: email@example.com
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Yes; did not specify
Number of Openings: