Requisition ID: CHE005868
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
We currently have an exceptional career opportunity for a Senior Scientist in the area of Process Analytical Technology (PAT) at the Rahway, NJ site.
As a member of Analytical Chemistry in Development and Supply (ACDS) department, you will be responsible for:
- the design, supervision and execution of Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) projects for the development of advanced in-line, on-line and in-situ PAT methods to support small molecule drug substances manufacturing processes development, scale-up, commercialization and tech transfer to large scale manufacturing;
- ensuring the PAT projects are properly designed, conducted, completed, and reported;
- operating and maintain instrumental platforms including but not limited to: On-line HPLC, FBRM, FTIR, Raman, and NIR spectroscopy;
- providing technical expertise relating to instrumentation and advanced data analysis techniques;
- applying advanced chemometrics and multivariate data analysis techniques for PAT development;
- scientific documentation, training, knowledge management and trasfer to other sites in support of manufacture scale-up, registration, validation and commercialization of new products;
- contributing to regulatory filling sections regarding PAT methods;
- PhD or MSc in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering (related discipline exceptions may be considered where experience exists)
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience with MSc or PhD (no industry experience required)
- Demonstrated capability in science and in development of Process Analytical Technologies
- Chemometrics/Multivariate Data Analysis
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical information both verbally and written in a concise manner
- Fast learner with motivation to drive innovative technical solutions and independently solve challenging problems, self-driven, problem solving mindset
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-functional team environment
- Experience at the product development/manufacturing interface
- Experience in analytical spectroscopy (NIR, FTIR, or Raman), on-line HPLC, on-line Mass spectrometry and, FBRM
- Experience with some advanced data analysis software applications (Matlab, SIPAT, Simca, The Unscrambler, Grams PLS IQ, RESULTS)
- Experience with Manufacturing systems automation
- Project Management
- Lean 6sigma
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Chemistry - Science & Technology
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: Yes
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark