IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA Biotech is seeking a Senior Site Support Specialist to provide technical support to internal and external customers on designated software. This position is office based in Morrisville, NC. Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years of customer service/support experience along with a minimum of 2 years of clinical research industry experience including prior Electronic Data Capture experience.
Assist the Principal Site Support Specialist and Manager, EDC Support Services in the oversight of day to day activities to ensure timely and accurate responses to requests from both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as Site Support representative on assigned Global studies as well as any North America only or EU only study regardless of size.
- Maintain understanding of and compliance with 21CFR11.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practices.
- Perform user account management functions in designated Electronic Data Capture systems.
- Perform rights and roles management functions in designated Electronic Data Capture systems.
- Troubleshoots user access and connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoots application functionality issues.
- Assist in the oversight of daily technical support activities across all projects in conjunction with Principal Site Support Specialist. This may include monitoring and/or performing the following technical support activities:
- Mentor staff in their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in defining and implementing process improvement activities to increase efficiency within the department as well as the organization.
- Assist in the review of Standard Operating Procedures and/or Working Practices development in conjunction with Principal Site Support Specialist and Manager, EDC Support Services.
- Interface with other groups/departments as appropriate to ensure department and project goals are met and issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned by Principal Site Support Specialist / Manager, EDC Support Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to pay careful attention to details and deliver quality work within expected timelines.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with various levels of staff and external customers required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Initiative, independent judgment, and discretion required.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork ability required.
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge required.
- EDC clinical trial experience preferred.
- CRO experience preferred.
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties
MINIMUM RECRUITING STANDARDS:
- A-level standard or equivalent OR High School Diploma/equivalent; Associate's or Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service/support experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical research industry experience required
- Prior Electronic Data Capture experience required.
US: This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1103786