Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
- Flexibility. You will be part of an organization that prides itself with its ability to quickly adapt and adjust to the needs of our clients. You will need to communicate with people who do not have software and systems as a primary background. You will be asked to perform tasks that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Pragmatism. You should not reinvent the wheel or develop something from scratch when you can adapt an existing tool. There will always be something you can use that someone else developed. You will often need to interface with legacy systems. You will have to balance risk and reward to fit your solution into a scheduled deadline that was set without your input.
- Precision. Our laboratory and analysis systems are required to adhere to stringent quality standards. These systems support the gamut of Research Use Only (RUO) to Diagnostic (Dx) analysis. You will be expected to build systems that adhere to our quality standards.
- Curiosity. We hire engineers and teach them bioinformatics. You may learn things about molecular biology, algorithms, genomics, sequencing, and data analysis every week. You may need to understand standard data formats and how they are used to understand how you can support the group. You will get to know the needs of our customers, the research performed by your coworkers, and bioinformatic details about every project you work on.
- Apply formal software engineering methodologies to develop solutions in a timely manner. Track and provide status updates to support project schedules.
- Develop data analysis workflows alongside bioinformaticians.
- Learn the scientific, statistical, and analytical methods applied.
- Create requirements, design, and user manual documentation to support validation efforts.
- Evaluate, test, and improve legacy software tools.
- Build, test, and evaluate third-party software tools.
- Evaluate computational efficiency of large-scale scientific computing systems and identify system software components in need of development, improvement, or replacement.
- Troubleshoot problems, provide workarounds, and develop patches to software and systems.
- Perform other duties and learning activities as directed.
- 5 + years' experience working in a Software environment
- Experience using Java or Python to implement Object Oriented Designs.
- Strong opinions on software engineering and what it means to create quality software.
- Experience evaluating and improving the efficiency of programs in a Linux environment.
- Experience with command line compilation and debugging.
- Experience with make files, coverage analysis and other forms of runtime profiling.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite of applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability / willingness to learn bioinformatics / genomics
- Experience designing relational databases and working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with analysis pipelines, Perl, C++, AWS, Docker
- Working knowledge of Bioinformatics, Genomics, or Life Sciences
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and five years of relevant experience, or A Master's degree in computer science or related field and three years of relevant experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1077601