Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of
desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of
applications systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced engineers.
• Accurately estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete for projects. Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager and/or team lead on progress.
• Defines deliverables, costs and benefits and ROI.
• Writes designs for new systems, or changes to existing systems.
• Designs, writes and performs unit, integration or system testing which includes development of test plans.
• Participates in peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members.
• Assists other team members, serving as an 'expert' either in the business application, development technologies or Software Development Lifecycle processes (such as reviewing, designing and testing).
• Works with the documentation team to assure new functionality is properly documented.
• Update corporate information sets associated with application information, such as PDRS and Application Portfolio database.
• Serves as level 4 support, troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds and producing patches for customers as required.
• Performs other duties as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft. Net, PeopleTools, Java (based on specific position).
• RDBMS system (proficiency in one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server)
• SQL, PL/SQL. and/or T-SQL
• Cognos experience preferred
• XML experience preferred
• System Lifecycle Methodology experience with Computer Systems Validation preferred
• Possess good communication skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related discipline and 4-6 years experience with applicable tools, including database access; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard and mouse requiring repetitive motion of fingers and wrists
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1089574