Requisition ID: BUS003492
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Under the direction of the Durham MPS Leader, the MPS Senior Specialist will:
- Partner with and consult functional leaders, operations managers and their leadership teams to develop plans and execute performance improvement activities
- Influence leaders to align improvement objectives to the highest site priorities
- Develop Lean management and people development processes and plans
- Manage end-to-end manufacturing and business projects to drive results and realize intended business benefits
- Utilize various Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to diagnose, analyze and improve business processes
- Provide teaching and coaching to effectively transfer Lean Six Sigma skills into the organization for the development of Lean Leaders.
Durham MPS Senior Specialist will be responsible for & have capability for the following:
- Deep process analysis and Value Stream mapping.
- Design and deploy lean process design
- Coach and guide the organization to pursue lead time reductions.
- Define and apply appropriate performance management systems to processes to drive results.
- Apply Lean techniques and "Way of Thinking" to processes to solve moderately complex system (multiple processes) problems (building quality in, continuous flow, kanban, heijunka, pull).
- Apply scientific problem solving (PDCA), standardized work, and other Lean tools to solve process and system (full value stream) problems.
- Coach and develop Lean Experts including Senior Leaders in training and development of others.
- Coach and develop managers and supervisors to apply Lean management principles and develop their direct reports or teams in problem solving and standardized work.
- Develop and manage continuous improvement processes (Visual Work Place, Lean Experts Selection & Development Process, etc).
- Apply behavior coaching techniques to influence decision making and to guide continuous improvement activities.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Hands-on experience with application of most of the following Lean tools and techniques: Standardized Work, Scientific Problem Solving, value stream mapping, SMED, mistake proofing, 5S-Visual Factory, PDCA.
- Extensive experience in analyzing end-to-end supply chains and driving process improvement.
- Exceptional consultative skills, the ability to influence decision making, and the ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams)
- Proven project management skills (demonstrated experience in managing large teams). Candidate must demonstrate a drive for results, strong analytical skills, and prior process improvement experience.
- Solid business acumen
- Team building skills, exceptionally good listening skills
- Coaching ,Teaching and Inclusion skills: Proven experience in coaching and teaching others to think, behave and apply lean methods and tools. Experience enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc to achieve business outcomes.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidate has demonstrated experience in lean process design and transforming manufacturing from push systems to pull systems in pursue of Just In Time production.Extensive Lean application experience, deep understanding and successful application of TPS.
- Excellent skills using IT applications to organize and analyze data (MS-Access, MS-Excel, Minitab).
- Experience in operations management, manufacturing, or related disciplines.
- Experience in a Vaccines or Sterile pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh