Requisition ID: CHE006309
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Vaccines Technology & Raw Materials CoE organization within Global Technical Operations is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an open position in the Raw Materials CoE to support strategic projects and critical site or global initiatives related to raw materials used in Vaccine & Biologic lines of businesses.
Our team strives to not only provide technical excellence to our work but to be strong partners, collaborators and leaders within the large molecule line of business at Merck as well as externally to identify and incorporate new and innovative approaches.
Specifically, The Raw Materials CoE is seeking a highly motivated individual to partner with the Operations, Quality, Procurement, Supply Chain and Regulatory groups to provide technical expertise as well as lead strategic initiatives focused on developing and implementing a comprehensive Oversight Program to mitigate risks associated with the supply of Raw Materials used in Vaccine manufacturing ensuring uninterrupted & unconstrained supply to meet forecasted demand and growth of the Franchises.
In this role, responsibilities include the following:
- Project Leadership and Project Execution for both strategic and supply initiatives for critical materials used in vaccine
- production requiring partnership and collaboration with manufacturing sites across the organization.
- Utilizing sound scientific and engineering principles for problem solving and recommendations for changes/efficiencies in raw
- materials management for select vaccine franchises.
- Interacting with vendors, Global Procurement and Supplier Development & Performance Management to improve
- the quality and supply of raw materials as well as implementation of new and alternate raw materials and/or supply chains.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Biological/Chemistry Sciences
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work effectively across boundaries to build strong collaborative relation with internal partners,
- Manufacturing Sites and external partners.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to develop innovative solutions for undefined problems and business processes to meet
- the needs of key stakeholders and project sponsors.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in biological/pharmaceutical/chemical manufacturing including experience in project
- Ability to travel up to 15% depending on site needs or vendor support required.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Proven analytical and technical problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team, using strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence peers.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements with regard to raw materials used in vaccine and biologics manufacturing.
- Change Execution Management training.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia