Requisition ID: FIN002237
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis (FP&A) HQ Services group and supports Merck Research Labs (MRL).
Key responsibilities include participation in, but not limited to, the following FP&A activities:
- Development of MRL divisional budget, forecasts and Long Range Operating Plan(LROP):
- Consolidation of data from MRL subdivisions to support all forecast and actuals submissions.
- Analyze Forecast and Actuals variances from Budget, prior estimates and prior year, and various ad hoc financial reports. Highlight divisional trends/ issues for senior management.
- Partner with MRL Finance subdivision teams, as well as with various other divisional Finance and Corporate groups
- Management of the Research Administration Budget, LROP and Forecast for the MRL division
- Support MRL restatement / shift process each forecast cycle
- Management of monthly Close process:
- Monthly system tie-out reconciliation
- Prepare above market entries in HFM each month for the division
- Completion of all divisional reporting requirements to Corporate and external auditors
- Partnering with the MRLFS Project Accounting team, Tax Department and other areas outside of MRLFS, is responsible for the timely and accurate submission of all Government reports and surveys
- Ad hoc divisional-related projects
Education Minimum Requirement:
Education: BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 year's experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the MRL and Finance organizations while maintaining a strong customer focus
- Solid team player with strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize tasks as appropriate; detail oriented; ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Comfortable working in an environment that is demanding and dynamic while managing several priorities
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- MA/MS/MBA in Accounting, Finance or a CPA
- Proficiency and a strong knowledge in BRIDGES, BPC and HFM, as well as advanced presentation skills (Powerpoint / Think cell) is a plus.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Fin Anlys, Audit & Tax Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark