Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
HPV Global Technical Operations is a customer-focused above-site technical support team with the goals to:
- Coordinate technical teams across the network to achieve Vaccine strategic goals.
- Participate as a technical expert and/or as a project leader in various projects.
- Ensure Process and Assay Robustness for the fermentation manufacturing network by engaging with site technical teams for process to identify potential issues and drive rapid resolution.
- Provide support (remote and/or on-site) for critical vaccine site investigations and specialized technical requests.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Project leadership and project execution for both strategic and supply initiatives requiring partnership and collaboration with manufacturing sites across the organization.
- Utilize sound scientific and engineering principles for problem solving and implementation of solutions.
- Participate/Lead/Support franchise projects for all phases including: project planning, project management, and execution.
- Provide on-site support for vaccine site requests to support critical projects, complex investigations, and specialized technical requests.
- Ensure process robustness within the manufacturing network through process monitoring, risk identification and mitigation, and engaging with site technical teams to identify potential issues and drive rapid resolution.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S, M.S., or Ph.D. in Engineering or Biology/Chemistry Sciences, or related life sciences/engineering degree.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceuticals, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related field with six (6) years of relevant experience; or M.S. with four (4) years of relevant experience; or Ph.D. with 0-4 years of post-doctorate experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Large molecule drug substance fermentation subject matter expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive results
- Strong communication, collaboration skills and ability to drive accountability
- Ability to work independently to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to travel up to 25% depending upon critical site needs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years direct experience in vaccine or biologics fermentation process development, commercialization, or manufacturing
- Experience authoring technical documentation
- Experience managing project teams
- Knowledge and experience with data/statistical analysis.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: