Requisition ID: INF004843
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
We are all part of a transformation in digital health, a time where data is flowing in from all areas of the healthcare landscape - EMR, personal biosensors, affordable genomic sequencing, and countless other sources. Combined and analyzed in novel and creative ways, this data can be used to reshape healthcare to drive new insights and outcomes.
At Merck, we are creating a computer science group that is giving scientists and business leaders new tools to transform how they work; from the way they care, to the way they cure. This group is "inventing for life" through the discovery and application of computer science architectures, structures, algorithms, and interactive visualizations that will drive breakthroughs and insights by those seeking answers to new questions through more usable and intuitive data accessibility across health sciences.
Our technology is being built from the ground up to give scientists and physicians the ability to use their expertise, their insights, and their creativity to discover compelling new answers-and to ask new questions that will lead to profound and meaningful advances in healthcare and life science.
We are looking for people with the vision and technical prowess to lead, shape, and deliver our powerful data-driven services accessible and intuitive for hands-on use by scientists, medical professionals, and others instrumental in the invention and delivery of healthcare improvements through the interfaces we create, the data structures that inform and illuminate, and the mechanisms to safely combine and express the usefulness of data as it is applied to scientific inquiry.
It's an ideal position for leaders in computer science who are eager to make positive impacts on the lives of people around the world through the tools and mechanisms we provide to the scientific and healthcare communities.
We are seeking a motivated, talented individual interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
- Identify and implement elements of highly interactive, new visualization paradigms
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary development teams
- Help to continually develop better visual and interaction design models
- Work with others across the globe
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, hybrid Engineering/Art degree, or related fields
- M.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, hybrid Engineering/Art degree, or equivalent (a plus)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Expertise with d3 /d3js (preferred), processing, p5js, webGL, or other visualization libraries in order to bring to life new data visualizations. Examples of prior work are highly desirable (via git or personal website).
- Ability to work through complexity and ambiguity along with competing priorities
- Iterate through alternative approaches and shift to better ideas quickly
- Ability to collaborate effectively with different colleagues and personalities, at all levels both externally and internally, and across a variety of functions and geographies
- At least 5 years of experience in a software engineering role
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to balance design and interaction goals with short deadlines
- Strong communication (written, oral, presentation)
- Software engineering best practices with tooling knowledge in Docker, Node, GraphQL, React, JIRA, etc.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Information Technology Architecture
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin