Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Sr. Specialist will provide technical environment, safety, and industrial hygiene support to site management and employees with the Minnesota Operations. The position will be based in Worthington, MN. The successful candidate will be a proactive leader to implement best practices and ensure compliance with applicable EHS local, state, federal and company regulations, policies, permits, and work practices.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Establishing and reporting site metrics for safety.
- Implementation of corporate policies.
- Conducting site inspections.
- Develop and deliver EHS related training.
- Assist with managing contractor EHS compliance.
- Compiling and submitting required safety, health and environmental reports to corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Chair and utilize the site safety committee to recommend and implement programs on site to address specific safety, environmental or health issues and analyze processes and procedures for potential hazards and provide input for risk reduction.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS Degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with primary responsibilities in safety, industrial hygiene and/or environmental areas.
- Knowledge of computers as a tool to perform the job.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State OSHA, EPA, and EHS laws and regulations.
- Possess analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize, focus on and obtain business results.
- Flexibility to perform various tasks to support the business.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- CSP or CIH or CHMM Certification
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: