The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Senior Supply Chain Manager, Combination Products LCM will engage and manage communication, planning, metrics, and production between device contract manufacturers and United Therapeutics operations teams to meet contract deliverables, performance goals, and maintain a productive relationship between organizations. This person will also support Device Tech Transfer from development to commercial operations.
- Manage and maintain supplier relationships, monitor supplier performance, proactively address supply issues
- Drive and oversee supply chain performance and continuous improvement initiatives within the planning and device manufacturing functions; drive performance on target service levels and other supply chain KPIs: Manage reporting of operational results and benchmark against agreed KPIs. Actively look for areas of process improvement, cost saving, and business process improvement.
- Schedule business review meetings and communication
- Develop long term network master plans for all manufacturing sites in the value stream with a focus on manufacturing and capacity planning to mitigate supply chain risks for the company: Serve as key leader and contributor in the value stream; escalating risks and supply constraints, providing scenarios, proposing alternate solutions and comprehensive analytics to drive consensus and rapid decision making. Implement processes and systems to support optimized supply planning, escalation, and risk mitigation. Responsible for ensuring long/short-term capacity analysis, the execution of the network optimization plan and end-to-end inventory management.
- Provide leadership to transition the company’s medical device(s) from the development stage to commercialization
- Partner with the design and manufacturing teams to develop and execute manufacturing processes for device manufacturing
- Ensure compliance with Global Supply policies and procedures
- Adhere to FDA regulations and ISO 13485 quality and paperwork procedures
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in a science or technical field, or supply chain management
- 10+ years of supply chain management and planning experience for a global biotech, pharmaceutical, or medical device company
- Good understanding and exposure to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), FDA and other regulatory requirements
- Exposure and experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or other highly regulated manufacturing processes, principles, and practices with preference for previous work experience at a production site and in a global capacity
- Proven track record building and managing operations infrastructure for FDA-approved medical device
- Experience with DFMA
- Experience working internationally in a fast paced, complex supply network company with a matrixed structure
- Experience with Tech Transfers of devices from a development line to commercial production
- 2+ years of demonstrated leadership and management of functions, teams, and/or processes
- Ability to deal with issues with multiple variables such as process improvement and resolution of poor performance on an individual or cell basis
- Strong experience in Operations, Supply Chain and Manufacturing in fast-paced manufacturing environments. Prefer previous P&L responsibility over the full range of operation functions.
- Technical acumen, including interpretation of drawings, blueprints, technical instructions, diagrams, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with knowledge of Good Documentation Practices.
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities