Under general supervision, provide remote third-tier Information Technology (IT) support to end-users, to restore service and / or identify and correct core problem.
Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software
Administers and maintains security of operating systems
Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing back-up procedures
Provides operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices
Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and back-ups and monitors batch processes
• Recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
• Responsible for meeting specified service level standards.
• Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates.
• Delegate IT support tasks, provide training and advice to more junior team members.
• Develop and maintain technical support documentation and training materials and assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
• Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems, goals and procedures
• Participate on global and regional project teams.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications. Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services.
• Perform other duties as required.
• May be required to perform duties outside working hours. This will be managed according to the applicable country legislation.
• Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in
• nature or that are exceeding target dates.
• Provide creative, effective solutions and recommend procedures and resources to enhance efficiency, productivity, and end user satisfaction
• May be asked to lead small projects and deliver quality results
• Provide training to end-users when indicated.
• Provide guidance to less experienced Local Office IT staff in areas such as problem resolution, communication, etc.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Maybe required to perform duties outside working hours. This will be managed according to the applicable country legislation
• Maybe asked to lead a small team or lead some folks for a specific initiative
• Maybe required to run specific reports for upper management
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field Req
• 3 years experience of PC software (Microsoft operating systems and applications suites, email systems, etc.) within a network environment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Working knowledge of Microsoft server, workstation and networking technologies. Intermediate
• Working knowledge of industry standards with regards to system and network administration. Intermediate
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Advanced
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients. Advanced
• Project management exposure. Intermediate
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com