IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Software Engineering Manager
Wingspan is now the Content Management pillar of the IQVIA global technology solutions business, creating document management applications used by some of the largest life sciences companies in the world. We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to lead a product development team in its endeavors to design, implement, test, and deliver its SaaS applications to our customers.
Employees in this role lead the development, testing, and delivery of HTML5 applications using the Amazon Web Services Cloud platform. As Software Engineering Manager, you will:
- Contribute to technical discussions as an experienced practitioner.
- Manage a portfolio of talent.
- Own the responsibility of delivering projects and/or applications within the Content Management portfolio.
- Recruit, hire, retain, and staff teams to accommodate product need, technical expertise, and individual growth. This is a mix of full time, variable, and offshore developers.
- Conduct evaluations and take corrective actions.
- Continuously iterate on and refine our hiring and onboarding process to enable more efficient ramp up while minimizing the distraction to the teams.
- Own, refine, advocate, and ensure professional development practices are being used throughout the teams.
- Work with Tech Leads, and the Director of Product Development to refine process and practice.
- Foster a high performing culture of trust, teamwork, empowerment, accountability, responsiveness, and communication.
- Set boundaries, success criteria, and measure progress.
- Suggest success patterns and call out anti-patterns.
- Conduct one on ones with staff to foster communication and career pathing.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of individual and team morale. Work to continuously improve it.
- Work with Tech Leads to identify skills gaps within each team.
This position requires at least 10 years of experience in the field of software engineering with at least 5 years of experience managing teams of software engineers or other technical staff.
Ideal candidates will have familiarity with some combination of the key technologies and tools that we use every day. While knowledge of our technologies is important, we consider knowledge of similar technologies a worthy substitute. We do not require proficiency with everything on this list:
Server: REST, Scala, SQL, Java
Database & Search: PostgreSQL, Solr
Automation: bash, sbt, Bamboo
Tools & Infrastructure: JIRA, Bitbucket Server, git, Artificatory, Nexus
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1084186