IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will work in an environment of rapid growth and have the ability to respond effectively to needs as they emerge. You will design, develop, enhance and monitor all production, test and other low-level environments databases that exist within the technical architecture.
Your time will be spent working with development and support, providing technical and operational support activities of Database Servers, including database design support, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, tuning, and optimizing.
- Accountable for monitoring and uptime of all production databases
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need for downtime
- Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development
- Participate in application development projects and arrange for the database architecture and design
- Contribute to the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned
- Complete regular backups and recovery of databases
- Provide consistent maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving).
- Lead pro-active remediation of database operational problems
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation
- Support complex web-based applications
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering
- PostgreSQL 9.3+ experience required
- Must have proficiency in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
- Deep/wide knowledge of Linux
- Understanding of command line and server administration
- Command of shell scripting (e.g., Bash, Perl)
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to match stakeholder expectations to urgently deliver exceptional results
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1084186