IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
ValueCentric, an IQVIA company, specializes in supply chain analytics and master data management for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries via our full-stack, software as a service application. We have agile software development teams consisting of development, testing and product, each supporting distinct sets of customers.
Software Engineer 1
We are seeking a Software Engineer who is looking to contribute in a fast-paced, data intensive environment. The ideal team member has a passion for software development and data management and willing to learn a bunch of new skills. Our teams are responsible to process data using SQL and stored procedures and then offer the ability to include that data in reports delivered to customer via our web-based platform. Tasked with both projects and operational support, our cross-functional teams cover diverse subject matter and technical domain. These teams range from 6-10 people so strong communication and collaboration skills are a must!
What You'll Do
- Utilize SQL and stored procedures to load and retrieve data for use in reports.
- Continuously evolve our platform to meet customers' needs by building tools, modules and features as we grow our offering.
- Participate in code reviews, both giving and receiving, to validate requirements were met and code performs optimally.
- Work with product and testing to define requirements and solution expectations.
- Work with testing to ensure solution quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent in experience.
- Experience in object-oriented languages like Java, PHP, Ruby, or Python and the fundamental principles of object-oriented principles.
- Understanding of relational databases and experience with basic SQL queries desired but not required.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1100820