Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
This position is with IQVIA's Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. We're a company on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation, working with some of the largest health analytics businesses in the world utilizing heath data to help find cures for today's biggest diseases, including cancer, heart disease and HIV.
Located downtown in the heart of the National Capital Region, we are literally a one-of-a-kind health data analytics company, as the first and only de-identification software provider in the world. Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals' identities are protected.
Our Java- and Scala-based flagship product sits on the cutting edge of technology and is a scalable, distributed enterprise engine built on Apache Spark that processes terabytes of data to conduct both mathematical calculations and data transformations. The work we do spans the entire spectrum of enterprise feature development, data analytics at scale, UI design and development, statistical modelling, and algorithm design all the way down to low-level algorithmic optimizations. We tackle technical problems that will engage and challenge the brightest minds, and we have very big ambitions ahead of us for which we're expanding our team.
- Lead the Quality Assurance Team and coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Clearly document all test cases run and passed/failed during each testing cycle.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Own the QA processes and champion continuous improvement initiatives across products
- Manage test environment needs, requirements and integration criteria
- Contribute to training activities related to quality and reliability
- Contribute to transforming testing teams to high efficiency, automation centric testing teams
- Stays up to date with emerging QA technologies and best practices
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- 10+ years in a software QA environment
- Previous experience in a team lead role an asset
- Extensive previous experience with test automation
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Previous experience in an Agile development environment an asset
- Previous experience with enterprise systems an asset
- Basic Java/scripting experience an asset
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1053830