Requisition ID: DIR026631
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This position will lead the South Central Region sales team to accomplish regional sales goals and organizational objectives to position the broad product portfolio of Merck Animal Health [MAH], with emphasis on Nobivac Vaccines, Bravecto, Home Again microchip and assorted pharmaceuticals. This position provides support to the South Central Team.
In this role, the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepares and implements a comprehensive region business plan, ensuring consistent product program implementation and sales goal attainment.
• Direct impact on business unit performance through strong leadership and management skills.
• Talent management for the attraction, retention and motivation of regional sales team.
• Manages, coaches and provides direction to the sales team; works to build cohesive teams. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback; conducts formal and informal performance reviews. Recognizes employee success and communicates to the team providing constructive feedback. Proficient at resolving conflict.
• Impactful communication to ensure consistent messages and leadership within the region.
• Problem solving extends beyond the regional level. Originates ideas and suggests new areas for development.
• Works cross functionally with region Technical Services Veterinarian
• Collaborates and fosters relationships with key distributor management personnel to promote the MAH portfolio of products.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Bachelor's Degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of eight (8) years Sales and/or Marketing or related experience.
• At least two (2) years leadership experience with demonstrated accomplishments
Will be expected to offer a high level of proficiency and demonstrate examples of success regarding:
- Technical, Product & Market Knowledge.
- Market Share Mindset focusing on potential verses outcomes.
- Territory & Business Management.
- Selling Skills
- Leadership and building strong teams
• Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills, analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must be available for extensive overnight travel (50%)
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic MAH
Other Locations: Springfield, MO, US; Tulsa, OK, US; Oklahoma City, OK, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City