About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
Help us bring quality to life. We are currently seeking top talent for our new OFP tableting facility located in Durham, NC.
Project Phase: Assist with development of systems, processes & procedures needed to build a best in class spare parts management program.
Operations Phase: Ensure accuracy & receive, stage & manage parts in support of process & facilities maintenance.
- Participate in & support project work related to spare parts
- Responsible for handling all vendor communication, quoting & interactions
- Utilize SAP for managing spare part inventory, movement, receipt & goods issue
- Responsible for ensuring the spare parts are in perfect working order. Will perform maintenance on some spare parts, as needed
- Perform routine maintenance on parts in the system (e.g., changing diaphragms, greasing bearings, etc.)
- Collaborate with production, reliability maintenance & purchasing group to set-up new spare part material master data
- Execute Lay-up program by performing preventative maintenance tasks on parts in storage
- Pull & stage material as defined for planned maintenance
- Return unused stock to proper stowage & inventory
- Perform routine ABC inventory cycle counting process; report on accuracy & participate in investigations for discrepancies
- Execute incoming material inspection process
- Support traceability of parts to manufacturing batches & maintain shelf life of components
- Develop training material for REMstar & FASTPIC software & train manufacturing personnel
- Monitor common stock inventory & work with vendor on service procedures
- Maintain & assist in contract service agreements for REMstar & FASTPIC maintenance & common stock inventory
- Optimize parts storage for ease of retrieval & storage space utilization
- Execute 5S principles & follow environmental, health & safety requirements
- Operate forklift, hand-truck & other machinery to safely carry out the movement of materials
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- Minimum of one (1) year of inventory control experience. (Two or more years preferred.)
- Minimum of one (1) year of industrial maintenance experience. (Two or more years preferred.)
- AA/AS/AAS degree or equivalent industrial, military or vocational training
- Minimum of one (1) year of pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in the following systems: maintenance & repair, SAP, inventory control processes, staging procedures, material handling skills/capability
- SAP experience in logistics module
- Attention to detail, ability to think critically & sequentially with proven time management skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility, using various body positions
- Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands. May be required to wear latex gloves
- Ability to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift. Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Corrected vision to 20/30. Ability to pass a driving exam for powered industrial trucks
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment & ability to work atop elevated positions
- Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials. Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
- Occasionally performs critical job functions in extremely cold work environments
- Occasionally positions self within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.