Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations to remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
At our Company's Manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Manufacturing Automation Engineer position available. The successful candidate is primarily responsible for coordinating upgrades of automation software and equipment. These upgrades may be driven by obsolescence, new and innovative solutions to create efficiencies, or to comply with emerging compliance requirements.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Create, own and manage the site roadmap for automation upgrades
- Coordinate annual automation Risk Based Asset Management (RBAM) to determine system of highest risk from an obsolescence perspective.
- Engage with Quality to determine emerging compliance requirements and impact of the existing shop floor system install base.
- Develop plan for addressing both obsolescence and compliance high risk systems
- Acquire and manage resources and finances for site lead automation capital initiatives
- Lead the site meetings for automation upgrade planning, project status, project tracking and information sharing
- Represent the site at Divisional level meetings for platform management (Enterprise Resiliency, Modernization, Data Integrity, and Life Cycle Management)
- Participate in requirements gathering, testing, deployment, and qualification of automation system upgrades
- Authoring and reviewing System Development Life Cycle documents
- Change control ownership/management
- Coordinate with the operations/technical/maintenance teams on installation windows
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with automation system administration and/or system deployment
- Experience coordinating and scheduling automation installations
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with team, peers and area leads both locally and across multiple sites and divisional teams
- Strong understanding of manufacturing principles/ processes and ability to translate manufacturing and business requirements into Automation/digital solution
- Experience with Process Automation (DeltaV/PLCs), and OSI PI
- Knowledge of Good Automation Manufacturing Practices (GAMP) standard
- Minimum of two years of experience in a GMP manufacturing automation related role and direct experience with SDLC and change controls
- Data Integrity acumen
- Lean Six Sigma Understanding
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: