Requisition ID: RES002266
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
At Merck's Animal Health campus in Elkhorn, NE, we currently have a Bioprocess Engineer position available within our Biological Technology Solutions (BTS) team (A part of Merck's Global Technical Operations team).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of vaccine product manufacturing facility. You will be working with a team of 6 scientists, select manufacturing managers, highly talented shop floor personnel and on-site engineers (both Mechanical and Industrial) as well as off-site Merck global Engineering.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical support for vaccine, biologic, and sterile manufacturing processes in the form of data analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving, report writing.
- Ensure seamless and rapid technology transfers from Upstream Process Development through the review of upstream technology transfer protocols and participation on project development teams
- Supporting change control implementation for manufacturing.
- Support Lyophilization processes within group as well as Production.
- Learning new processes and procedures.
- Recommending, creating, writing process control and automation instructions.
- Performing off-shift work (only as needed).
- Conducting technical investigations and analyses. Investigate selected process non-conformances (OOS) and deviations, review and troubleshoot with the help of the team and set CAPA's.
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions and helping lead reduction of atypical events for the area.
- Writing, reviewing, and improving procedures for operation of equipment and processes.
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree in chemical or biochemical engineering.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with 2 years of industrial experience in Biopharmaceuticals or equivalent. Ph.D with 0 years industry experience in Biopharmaceuticals or equivalent.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, ergonomic risks, ability to automate processes).
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the facility.
- Desire to be part of a team and work together to solve complex issues.
- Thorough understanding of basic statistical tools for process data analysis.
- Good conceptual, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills - must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- A "hands-on" energetic individual who enjoys challenges, a quick pace, and is capable and dedicated to getting the job done. Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- The applicant should have an in-depth knowledge in the principles of process scaling upstream processes from process development to clinical manufacturing, cell culture unit operations, as well as associated single-use technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interface effectively with analytical, process, and business development, manufacturing, sales and marketing, and administration.
- Experience w orking in a cGMP environment
- Biologics or vaccine processing
- Sterile processing
- Project management
- Leadership roles
- Participation in regulatory agency inspections
- Familiarity with microbiological, molecular or biochemistry principals
- Strong desire for continuous learning
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Research Support Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Yes - Thimerosal, Formalin and BEI (Binary ethylenimine)
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs