Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a "Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
The Specialist, Bioprocess Technology Solutions position is available at our Animal Health facility in De Soto, Kansas, located near Kansas City metropolitan area. The DeSoto facility is expanding operations to manufacturing vaccines and biologics for large and companion animals. Leveraging an experienced and innovative team environment, the key technologies at the site are biologics production using fermentation and cell culture platforms, filling and packaging.
Responsibilities of the Specialist, Bioprocess Technology Solutions include:
- Lead in the development of virus, cell culture and bacterial processes that are robust, scalable and economical for bioreactor, fermentation and purification platforms in the production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics.
- Represent Manufacturing departments on interdisciplinary teams and demonstrates working knowledge of current GMP guidelines and advanced technical knowledge.
- Design and perform simple to complex experimental studies to identify and optimize critical process parameters for the development of robust manufacturing processes for new and existing veterinary biological products.
- Develop creative approaches and solutions including but not limited to scientific and technical applications to assigned projects as well as to develop new platform technologies and improve existing processes.
- Facilitate product transfers from R&D and site to site. Participate and work with transfer team members on scale-up runs and consistency serial production.
- Order supplies, equipment parts and reagents, prepares reagents and provides support for overall laboratory and pilot operations.
- Document and prepare comprehensive, accurate and well written project protocols, summaries and reports.
- Interact routinely and effectively with Manufacturing, Quality and Research.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS and/or MS degrees plus 5 years of experience in Animal Health or other Biological field required. Alternately PhD plus 3 years of experience in Animal Health or other Biological field required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Research and Development, Process Development and/or Biological manufacturing or closely related field
- Experience in bacteriology, cell culture and fermentation techniques
- Project management, analytical and writing skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent documentation and writing skills
- Good conceptual, analytical, problem solving,and organization skills to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to solving problems inclusive of diverse perspectives (e.g. safety, compliance)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Working knowledge of GMP requirements for manufacture and testing of biological products.
- Knowledge or experience of bioprocess scale-up, aseptic processes
- 1-3 years biological or relevant experience
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Thimerosal, formalin, BEI
Number of Openings: