Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations to remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
At our Company’s manufacturing campus in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Specialist, Supplier Technical integration Engineering position within the Technical Operations team. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains – just a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical/vaccine product manufacturing facilities.
Assignments and duties will include:
- Achieve Safety, Quality, and Environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Leading and conducting technical investigations and analyses, recommending corrective actions, and seeing them through to successful, sustainable implementation
- Focus on single use polymeric component, qualification, implementation and sustainability
- Design and implement single use technology to fit the process and product requirements
- Communicating with vendors to obtain compliance and validation documentation
- Assessing vendor change notifications for product, process and regulatory impact
- Develop and maintain metrics that show vendor management compliance
- Work closely with procurement and materials management to ensure material control compliance
- Writing, reviewing, improving documentation for technical and regulatory compliance excellence
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
- Teaching, coaching, mentoring, and learning from team members
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and minimum three (3) years of relevant industrial experience
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant industrial experience
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias toward going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- The ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- A willingness to work as a contributing member of a dynamic team of individuals.
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Biologics or vaccine processing experience
- Sterile processing experience
- Small molecule / API experience
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: