Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We partner internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
First line automation support for assigned line(s)/system(s) and/or engineering projects. Work with plant maintenance, operations and process improvement teams to address line performance issues and implement continuous improvement initiatives. Conduct quality investigations related to equipment/system malfunctions and lead corresponding corrective and preventive actions to on-time closure. Lead/support qualification activities as well as associated GMP documentation and automation change controls. Foster an all-encompassing environment and a safety culture while adhering to our company's code of conduct, values and competencies.
- On-floor support of manufacturing activities. Leads key automation support and troubleshooting for manufacturing equipment and packaging systems (i.e. PLC, Vision Systems) in Manufacturing Operations.
- Provides automation technical support for site implementation and on ongoing management of serialization/aggregation (track and trace), Systech Guardian and above site point of contact for SAP ATTP application.
- Uses technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of variety of automated processing and information technology systems.
- Author/Maintain technical documentation (Project Plans, Major Specifications, Requirements, Qualifications, Change Controls, Standard Operating Procedures, etc).
- Provides guidance on process control and data collection techniques.
- Provides automation technical support to ensure compliance with Data Integrity directive.
- Identity and implement process/equipment improvements and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Maintains automation systems in compliance with SLC, cGMPs, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Promotes all GMPs, safety, and environmental regulations. Periodically reviews automation documents, preventive maintenance, and SOPs to ensure compliance with GMP and safety.
- Develops and promotes quality investigations and corrective actions for automated equipment/systems to resolve complex problems and prevent reoccurrence.
- conveys periodically with immediate manager about status of job duties.
- Participates in audits and training programs
- Partner proactively with key customers and stakeholders (operations, quality and plant/facilities/utilities maintenance groups) while being open and approachable with a friendly, positive and professional attitude.
- Speaks daily with operation, technical, and quality representatives within area of tier process.
- Lead projects by engaging team members, setting clear expectations, utilizing strong communication skills and exercising clear decision-making.
- Select external contractors with appropriate skill sets. Set clear expectations for work delivered and behaviors. Monitor performance and ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Regularly and clearly communicate project plans, risks and strategy to all key stakeholders, customers and governance committees.
- Share Knowledge on engineering standards and other areas of expertise as needed.
- Provide automation management on various shifts/weekend in support of Manufacturing Operations.
- Minimum three-year relevant work expin GMP environment with BS/BA in Computer/Information Systems, Chemical Eng, Mechanical Eng, Electrical Eng, or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication ability; Excellent analytical and decision making ability.
- Demonstrated management and teamwork skills.
- Exp with PLC (AB, Elau), HMI (PanelView, FactoryTalk), Vision system (Systech, Cognex), and Servo-Drives systems with proven ability to program/troubleshoot these applications.
- Exp in computer validation and systems lifecycle development methodology.
- Exp with automation technology for packaging equipment.
- Working knowledge of Track and Trace Serialization applications (Systech: Guardian, Advisory, Sentri).
- Exp in a pharmaceutical/packaging technology equipment, barcode systems, reject/verification processes, databases, Cyber Security, and OEM equipment.
- working with Information Technology teams.
- Exp with project management, PMP Certification is a plus.
- Comprehension of Lean Manufacturing /Six Sigma methodology.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: