Requisition ID: ENG004078
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate understanding of Merck policies and procedures; achieve Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance excellence in all assignments.
- Learn and apply new processes and procedures.
- Support projects realization from initiation to execution across site franchises. These projects may include capital projects, new product introduction, yield or cost-saving improvements, compliance improvements and new technology introduction.
- Coordinate scope, assign tasks and allocation of resources within a cross- functional team to meet project goals and deadlines. Foresee possible risks and produce preventive solutions.
- Contribute to process and equipment safety reviews.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of customers and stakeholders needs, requirements and expectations.
- Participate in technical investigations and analyses, recommending corrective actions, and managing them through to successful, sustainable implementation.
- Write, review, and improve documentation for technical, operation of equipment, processes and regulatory compliance excellence.
- Proactively provide developmental support, coaching or assistance to other members of the organization.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and 2-4 years of relevant industrial experience.
- M.S. degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of 2 years of relevant industrial experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience, preferably in regulated industrial setting
- Working in a team environment
- Good organization skills
- With B.S degree, 2-4 years of relevant industrial experience.
- With M.S. degree, a minimum of 2 years of relevant industrial experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- PMP Certification
- CIP / SIP experience
- Manufacturing environment experience
- experience working in a cGMP environment
- biologics or vaccine processing experience
- sterile processing experience
- small molecule / API experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Engineering Project Management
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia