Requisition ID: ENV000656
M erck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Responsible for driving continuous improvement in environmental, health, and safety compliance programs at a growing biologics and vaccines facility. The person will work closely with operating areas to assist with integrating EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance and meet EHS performance objectives.
Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with limited supervision.
Job duties may include:
- General EHS compliance.
- Completing and tracking air emission calculations.
- Supports implementation of High Risk Work compliance initiatives for operating areas.
- Assist with Process Safety Management program compliance.
- Tracks and communicates EHS score card metrics.
- Participates in regulatory inspections and assists in addressing noted concerns and citations.
- Supports occupational Injury/Illness investigations according to regulatory requirements.
- Assists with Industrial Hygiene monitoring and ergonomic assessments.
- Performs area inspections and audits for compliance including periodic documentation review.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree required, concentration in Engineering, Science or Safety and Environmental related disciplines
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1-3 years applied professional EHS and/or related work experience. Proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance, occupational and process safety, critical thinking, communication skills. Experience with EHS agency inspections and regulatory advocacy.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- High Risk Work experience, CSP and/or CIH
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Environmental Science & Remediation
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia