Requisition ID: MAI000741
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
At Merck & Co., Inc.'s manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we have Maintenance Shift Engineer positions supporting the Processing Areas available. The plant is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains, a short distance from major state universities: University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The Maintenance Shift Engineer is assigned to a manufacturing processing area and partners with the Shift Manager to ensure the processing area(s) are operating at peak efficiency.
The function of the position is to coordinate maintenance activities for personnel, equipment and facilities within the processing area. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Partner with the Shift Manager and shift team to improve equipment uptime and reliability
- Act as the Technical Observer and contributor in real time deviation investigations
- Manage, mentor and collaborate with Maintenance skilled craft persons assigned to the shift
- Maintain and evaluate Metrics to support Process and Maintenance Optimization
- Drive the execution and prioritization of Maintenance Work
- Provide mechanical support for the Shift Manager in making Product by providing reliable fixed assets and utilities
This position requires the successful candidates to work a shift schedule that includes all of the days of the week and all hours of the day.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, chemical, or similar discipline) or related scientific field (chemistry, physics, math) and a minimum of two years' experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments - or - High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of five (5) years' experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience troubleshooting equipment failures and resolving utilizing mechanical tradesmen to execute the work.
- Experience in safely securing mechanical system, tanks and utilities for execution of work and confined space entry.
- Experience working in a team environment and influencing others.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience interfacing with sterile manufacturing equipment and sterile/aseptic techniques
- \Experience interfacing with various types of rotating equipment
- Experience interfacing with utility equipment; including chillers, heat exchangers, AHU, WFI generation, clean steam generation and cold storage
- Experience in a regulated industry; such pharmaceuticals, food, and or nuclear
- Experience in an SAP Plant Maintenance management system
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): Other (see Work Schedule)
Hazardous Materials: Process glycol, cleaning chemicals (LpH, Sproklenze)
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia