Reporting to the Region Business Director, the Specialty Account Manager (SAM) is a field-based position calling on Health Care Professionals involved in the treatment of metabolic acidosis. The individual is responsible for all aspects of sales, market development and creating plans for their business territory and executing on their plans in order to bring the greatest benefit to patients with metabolic acidosis. The SAM is required to have the ability to convey complex clinical and reimbursement information to customers and key stakeholders so that all appropriate patients can benefit from therapy. The position will be responsible for achieving or exceeding assigned quarterly and annual sales goals. Candidate must be willing to travel and work within the candidate's assigned territory boundaries as needed. Some territory overnight travel may be required.
- Develop and maintains solid customer relationships with key executives, decision-influencers and decision-makers at major centers, clinics and other accounts.
- Meet/exceed all sales objectives for company products
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and able to articulate to customers
- Utilizes high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices to create effective business planning.
- Prioritizes efforts and resources based on an understanding of territory dynamics and the marketplace to provide effective coverage of key customers.
- Ability to analyze sales performance and adjust business plan and execution as needed
- Ensures strict compliance with commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration's implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General's Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of selling experience within the pharmaceutical industry. Preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals with an emphasis on strategic account management.
- Has proven experience in successful product launch. Nephrology experience preferred.
- Proven track record as a top sales performer.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on plan.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and strong understanding of market access payer landscape required and understanding of specialty pharmacy preferred.
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan and expense plan goals and objectives, by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory.
- Has a proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field and pharmaceutical industry.
- Communicates accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication style as needed.
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, and influencing and negotiating skills.