Requisition ID: ADM010617
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
The Sr. Assoc. Administrative Services performs advanced administrative/clerical tasks within IT Risk Management and Security. Ability to communicate effectively with executive level administration as well as internal and external resources.
- Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own work assignments.
- Produces/completes various work assignments requiring advanced analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Develop reports, presentations, tables, graphs, correspondence and conduct light research using appropriate software.
- Works in teams or independently as needed and as relevant to complete work assignments and various tasks.
- Calendar scheduling/planning; coordinating and scheduling complex multi-leg and international travel arrangements.
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives and internal/external clients to maintain workflow.
- Coordinates special projects.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years Administrative Assistant experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years Administrative experience supporting Executive Directors / Executives.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Proficient in Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and coordinating complex, multi-leg domestic and international travel.
- Experience processing Visa and Passport applications.
- Experience Facilitating Corporate presentations and meetings for Global Organization
- Professional communication skills.
- Documented experience as a strong performer in your current and past positions.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Additional computer skills including MS Vision
- SAP experience: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck