Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This position is responsible for contract creation and review including: (A) overseeing the day-to-day operation of contract management procedure for the Commercial and Development divisions; (B) Providing employee training on the contract management policy and procedures (C) working directly with attorneys on negotiation of legal language of contracts and vendor negotiation, (D) tracking all contract status in electronic contract lifecycle management system and creating contract reports for management, and (E) assisting in the implementation of enhancements to the contract management system.
- Oversees and provides day-to-day operation of the contract management process for the Commercial and Development Divisions. Acts as a contact person for the process, intakes contract requests, creates database files of requests and maintains and updates database as necessary, prepares contracts, works directly with internal clients (varying levels) and external vendors. Works with company attorneys to review legal language for company agreements. As necessary, negotiates with opposing party with support from manager or attorneys to resolve contract language disputes.
- Provides support to update Contract Management policies and procedures and training materials. Responsible for updating and maintaining resource guidance and other helpful documentation to assist employees with the contract management process. Reviews key proposals for modification, training, concerns or issues with Manager, Contract Management.
- Provides continuous training on contract management process and technology to ensure compliance by all Commercial employees, including new hires. Assists in conducting of company-wide training and trains smaller groups of employees (administrative staff), and also provides one on one training.
- Assist in the implementation of system updates and maintenance of the electronic contract lifecycle management system. Will assist in any necessary training of internal staff as well as business units on the system.
- Responsible for updating certain elements of electronic contract lifecycle management system including, but not limited to contract templates, component libraries, and term libraries. Provides support for other projects within Legal and Corporate Affairs including coordinating and drafting agenda for Legal Affairs Meetings held periodically throughout the year.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Associate's Degree required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1 or More Years relevant corporate and/or pharmaceutical contracting experience preferred
Ability to travel up to 5% Travel Requirements
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.