IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Come see why IQVIA has been named to Computerworld's lists of the '100 Best Places to Work in IT'. A career at IQVIA puts you at the corporate center of the leading worldwide pharmaceutical services organization. If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, IQVIA is the place for you.
Seeking an experienced Sr. Business Analyst to join the IQVIA IT Research Development & Solutions team. This resource will develop requirements for IQVIA clinical operations products. These products have both internal and external users and form a major technical foundational component in IQVIA's overall strategy to deliver insight to its customers, and your contributions will be directly visible to the senior management team. The role will require collaborating cross-functionally with clinical stakeholders, technology teams, offshore resources and third-party vendors. Candidates should have in depth experience working with end users, developers, and other analysts to refine identified business needs through design reviews and information sessions. Candidates should be results driven, detailed orientated and work well within a global, dynamic and creative team.
• Perform requirements gathering and analysis to provide high quality and detailed requirements, ensuring the closest involvement with, and agreement from, the user community
• Produce and review data/information models and preliminary system architecture, as needed
• Create prototypes and simulations to provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation, thereby facilitating successful solution design and development
• Evaluate and communicate departmental strategy to IT and business staff
• Resolve conflicting end-user requirements
• Follow Quintiles System Life-Cycle (SLC) and Computer System Validation (CSV) procedures, as appropriate
• Collaborate with the Lead User, or delegated member of the applicable business group, to create a User
• Requirements Specification (URS) document
• Collaborate with the Development group to create a Functional Specification (FS) document
• Model processes to clarify business requirements, and to enhance or re-engineer business processes, prior to, or in parallel with, solution design and implementation, as necessary
• Maintain knowledge of the IT industry; analyze the abilities of tools and technologies, compare with the need of the business, then recommend potential solutions to managers within the business
• As needed, review SLC Development and Validation document(s) prior to authorization to ensure that it incorporates previously-captured requirements, and includes tests or test steps that explicitly address each identified user requirement
• Collaborate with Global IT Solutions functional groups by adhering to established processes to ensure that business requirements are delivered through successful project implementation of optimal, cost-effective solutions
• Collaborate with developers to ensure adherence to business requirements and UI design specifications
• Develop training and support programs for global technology and process implementations, as needed
• Coach/mentor staff and provide technical leadership, as needed
• Other job duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong ability to communicate technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
• Strong analytical, organizational, verbal communication and business writing skills
• Strong relationship building and facilitation skills to work directly with business users who are not technical in nature
• Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features
• Strong knowledge of technical and grammatical editing
• Expert knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and agile lifecycle methodologies and the role of Business Analysis with the SDLC
• Experience product tracking tools such as JIRA and TopTeam
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology is highly desirable
• Pharma/CRO or healthcare experience within a regulated industry preferred
• Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree, and have a minimum of 8-10 years of business analysis experience
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1074768