Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
This role focuses on delivering a company-wide total wellbeing strategy that drives an excellent employee experience that enables our people to bring their very best to serve our patients.
Provides compensation analysis, job evaluation and salary administration support and project manages the annual compensation review process.
- Responsible for the job matching process with salary survey position descriptions. Conducts job evaluations for new and/or revised positions, including reviewing position responsibilities, using market-pricing techniques to assign Pay Band and market range, to ensure that compensation is competitive within the industry and geographic area. Conducts exemption tests to determine FLSA status.
- As requested, conducts market analysis for individual employees and develops recommendations for pay adjustments, promotional or developmental increases, and hiring ranges. Works with Talent Acquisition to develop candidate offers.
- Administers the Arigato Recognition Program and Service Award Program. Develops, administers and tracks point budget within the program as well as the financial spend for the core program and special projects with Finance and Accounting. Acts as a thought leader on recognition topics, offering timely communication and training on the strategic use of recognition. Maintains a high level of customer service in response to participant issues with the program. Manages the vendor to ensure participant satisfaction.
- Communicates and interprets corporate compensation philosophy, policies procedures and practices. Communication may include preparing and conducting presentations and/or training to HR Business Partners, line management and employees on compensation related topics. Participates in the development of compensation policy. Assists with the development, update and maintenance of Compensation content on the company Intranet site.
- Accountable for the salary survey submission process. Tracks surveys and due dates. Prepares compensation profile, position matches and data compilation for salary survey submission. Maintains employee and survey data in MarketPay online market-pricing application. Analyzes salary survey results to assess market competitiveness, and effectiveness of pay related programs. Accountable for annual market pricing process, updating levels and upload into SAP.
- Runs weekly employee compensation data reports and posts for the team. Audit and correct erroneous data with HR Data Team.
- Develops and maintains concise compensation metric reports and statistical reports. Monitors compensation metrics data to identify trends and keep HR management informed. Based on analysis provides recommendations for changes to plan(s) and provides summary data for proposal presentations.
- Prepares annual summary and analysis of annual compensation planning.
- Prepares accruals of AIP, LTI and vacation for Finance.
- Prepares annual analysis of midpoints for expats.
- Responsible for job creation and maintenance in SAP, and auditing and maintenance of EEO and AAP job attributes for reporting.
- Project manages the annual compensation review process, administration of the Success Factors application. May perform user acceptance testing on system enhancements to the application.
- Performs special projects as assigned, may include ad-hoc research, analysis and conducting surveys in order to provide guidance on current Compensation programs
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education:BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in compensation or financial analysis, or other related experience.
- Knowledge of job evaluation techniques, including market-pricing methodology.
Compensation and seniority level/title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Duties and responsibilities may vary based on the position level/title.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.