Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Sr. Manager of Commercial IT Business Analytics to support in the development and ongoing management of data analytics and business intelligence assets and capabilities.
This role does not offer relocation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Data, BI and Analytics solution delivery in support of commercial product launches & commercial organizational objectives. This includes:
- Strategic assessments, solution design, delivery, and support
- Engagement planning & execution
- Guidance of development teams & cross-functional teams as needed
- Vendor management when 3rd party consultants are leveraged
- Business relationship management with commercial organization leaders & stakeholders, with emphasis on the Market Access stakeholder groups
Technical Proficiency in one of the following Platforms is required:
Tableau; Qlik; Power BI
Proficiency in the following Skills is highly desired:
Data visualization; data modeling; SQL; requirements gathering; SDLC; Agile; project management; business process improvement; Lean/Six Sigma; Alteryx; ETL
Exposure to the following data aggregators or data vendors is highly desired:
Symphony Health; IQVIA; IMS; McKesson; LexisNexis
Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for providing IT partnership & support for commercial product launch initiatives such as dashboard development, report generation, ad-hoc analysis, and other data consumption needs.
- Strategically assesses projects & initiatives in order to plan out engagement tactical details around solution design, data modeling & transformation needs, and overall project execution.
- Responsible for creating or co-creating data models, data flow diagrams, and other deliverables that can articulate the data needs for a solution.
- Responsible for creating, co-creating, or reviewing solution designs - particularly in the data visualization space.
- Responsible for guiding technical development teams through project lifecycle stages while actively taking part in the design, build, and test phases of projects & initiatives.
- Manages 3rd party vendors in accordance with solution needs (i.e. consultants or contingent workers augmenting the build team)
- Responsible for partnering with commercial business stakeholders to oversee the development & execution of projects & initiatives
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience in consulting, life sciences, healthcare, and/or biotech industries focusing on business intelligence, analytics solution development, or IT systems integration
- Experience with managed care, insurance carrier/payer, formulary, PBM, and/or claims data is highly desirable
- Must have strong business and data analysis skills and be able to understand complex business processes to develop agile and insightful solutions
- Exposure to or experience with data discovery or analysis, metric definition or creation, and data manipulation or modeling is beneficial
- Ability to conceptualize and design appropriate data models and/or data table structures that can support self-service and ad-hoc analysis business needs
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) to independently create prototypes or production-ready dashboards using various data sources (data extracts, database connections, etc.)
- Exposure to or experience using SQL/PL-SQL language to design and create various types of data schemas for various needs (discovery, ad-hoc analyses, operational reporting, data warehouse/data marts).
- Exposure to or experience using Alteryx, Pipeline Pilot, or Informatica ETL tools is a plus
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree required
- Master degree desirable
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.