Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceutical is seeking a Sr. Manager, IT Service Management to lead the Service Management team. This position is responsible for establishing the process of service management across change, release, asset, and configuration management leading to measurable improvements in IT operations. Reporting to the Global Head of IT Infrastructure, he/she will use the their proven leadership, knowledge and experience to deliver high-quality execution and operational excellence necessary to support a dynamic global pharmaceutical business.
This position does not offer relocation.
- Create a strategic vision for Service Management for the IT organization.
- Partner, collaborate and develop strong relationships with functional IT leaders to deliver strategies related to service management capabilities in support of the corporate strategy, corporate objectives and major functional objectives
- Develop a global operating model (people, vendors, processes, technologies) that addresses Jazz's business needs, is synergistic with the overall IT strategy
- Lead and leverage your knowledge and experience to maintain an ITSM platform which includes ITIL process design, solution design, technical tooling & automation design requirements, and implementation on a Service Management Platform
- Be the process owner for the ITSM processes and reporting and manage the platform.
- Ensure Service performance measurements through effective Incident, Release and Service-Level Management processes
- Reviews Incident and Problem data for trends and recurrence of issues, finding opportunities to reduce the frequency and eliminate service impacting events
- Reviews Problem Management/Resolution for all system problems. Report on root cause for all problem events
- Identify opportunities to leverage and improve the use of Service Management platform features to improve User Experience
- Develop and maintain 2 year rolling roadmaps that optimally reflect business need priorities, efficient sequencing, resources and funding
- Manage demand and delivery through internal teams, suppliers and partners and create value based metrics and dashboards.
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive operational excellence, be audit ready at all times, sustain knowledge continuity through appropriate level of documentation and cross training
- Define the roles and responsibilities required for an ITIL based Service Management organization and work with leaders to train the Service Owners.
- Partner with counterparts to implement and operationalize controls necessary for ITIL, Audit and internal policies
- Assist in developing and continuously maintain budgets that align with plans and service levels; proactively improve value over cost ratio
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT with a minimum of 5 plus years in IT Service Management and 5 plus years within IT or relevant area
- Good working knowledge of the ServiceNow platform is desired. Other platforms experience is a plus
- Experience with devising processes and data capture to drive automated service reporting
- Experience with managing developers and administrators to enhance the Service Management Platform delivery and adoption within the organization
- Integration of ITIL processes with a service platform to support both insourced and outsourced operations
- Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing and managing 24x7 IT Operations and associated vendors
- Strong working knowledge of data models for IT infrastructure and applications and their dependency for cloud based systems and hosted systems and translate them to useful CMDB items to enable useful impact analysis and change management.
- Ability to use structured approaches for understanding business needs, defining specifications, building and operating solutions that meet service level targets
- Proven track record and skills to deeply understand vendor service capabilities, assess risks, formulate partnerships/agreements for consistent delivery of high quality services and continuously improve value over cost ratio
- Strong working knowledge and experience of IT processes (e.g. incident, problem, change management) and how to integrate them into an effective insourced and outsourced global operating model
- Passion for service delivery, user experience and operational excellence
- Strong financial acumen to establish budgets that are driven by plans, accurately forecast costs, efficiently manage variances and improve service value
- Proven track record of executing through global teams, managing remote personnel, developing talent and creating high performing teams
- Highly collaborative, accountable and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to large audiences via email and in person
- Ability to establish strong and productive working relationships at all levels (Admin to CEO)
- Organizational change management experience is a plus
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.