Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Under limited guidance, manages and coordinates the qualification and deployment of systems. Collaborates with business
leaders, end users, other IT departments, and software vendors to develop and provide appropriate support strategies for
regional and global business applications. Provides technical support, consulting, and system-related cost/benefit analysis to
project teams, customers, business leaders, and bid defense teams. Collaborates with various groups to assist in the
production of the system architecture and data model. Assists in the vendor and product selection process and identifies new
technologies and assists in the determination of support requirements. Also provides level 3 support services for regional
and global business applications. Serves in a lead capacity for Product Support Specialists.
• Provide level 3 support for internal and external end users for PC, server, and mainframe application problems.
• Defines deliverables, costs, benefits, and ROI information.
• Provide support for bid defenses and proposals.
• Interact with software vendors, Infrastructure services, and/or Applications Development to restore service and/or
correct core problems.
• Communicate IT issues to business units at various levels of seniority.
• Manage and coordinate the implementation of internal, external and off-the-shelf business applications with all IT
and business groups.
• Coordinate validation activities related to the deployment of business applications.
• Produce and assist training and communication programs.
• Coordinate with internal and external service providers in the area of incident, problem, and change management,
capacity planning and troubleshooting, representing the interests of supported business groups.
• Manage and support vendor contracts to established service level agreements.
• Work closely with customers to identify business requirements and opportunities in relation to IT systems and
• Identify and assess technologies, skills, and resources required.
• Maintain knowledge of the IT industry, analyze the abilities of tools and technologies and compare with the needs of
the business, recommend potential solutions to managers within the business.
• Support evaluations and procurement of new hardware
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid technical background and experience
• Possesses fine-tuned analytical skills and/or programming experience
• Relational database experience
• System deployment/implementation expertise
• Possesses exemplary written and verbal skills
• Possesses leadership and mentoring skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Information Management or business related fields preferred
• 5-7 years business experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard and mouse requiring repetitive motion of fingers and wrists
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
• Occasional travel
• May be required to perform duties outside working hours. This will be managed according to the applicable country
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
Job ID: R1035683