IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Endpoints (PCE) team leads the industry in breadth and depth of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) knowledge. Our diverse team of experts works together to develop, execute, and validate psychometric instruments that capture the patient experience with their treatment or disease, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
The IQVIA Patient Centered Endpoints (PCE) team is a specialized and dedicated group of experienced industry professionals who focus on understanding the patient experience and ensuring that scientific rigor required to meet regulatory expectations is incorporated into our methodology and processes.
IQVIA's PCE team delivers scientific and technology enabled solutions to biopharma drug development and real-world evidence teams, which are based on insights obtained directly from patients. Our services provide differentiation that helps increase the value of an asset, more accurately measures that value, and maximizes market access and adoption. Our PCE solutions support clinical development and real-world evidence requirements and span the development and commercial lifecycle, starting with early strategy development through results interpretation and dissemination.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Psychometrician, you will provide day to day oversight of the psychometric analysis activities to achieve client expectations through the development, implementation, and delivery of statistical analysis services. You will provide direction and guidance in carrying out project assignments, interfacing with clients and other internal departments, and applying advanced psychometric methods to project work.
- Coordinate the development of psychometric analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, the production of outputs, data review and psychometric analysis.
- Provide expert statistical input into and review of statistical deliverables (i.e. analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, data review, tables, listings, figures and statistical sections for integrated reports).
- Provides statistical/psychometric interpretations and explain statistical methodology.
- Designs, structures, review and delivers statistical reports, technical reports and presentations.
- Assists in managing the scope of the quantitative analysis workstream, including objectives, timelines and quality of deliverables.
- Serves as team lead of the quantitative analysis workstream of projects of complex scope where an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors is required and serves as a client contact on statistical topics.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develops abstracts and supports manuscripts development.
- Presents research findings to clients and at professional conferences.
- Assist with the development of strategies on PRO endpoints and regulatory matters.
- Perform the review of RFPs, provides statistical expertise and consulting input into proposals and attend bid defense meetings.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of developments in biostatistics, psychometrics and clinical trial methodology, and regulatory requirements that impact on analyses.
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to junior and new staff
Candidates interested in joining our Patient Centered Endpoints team as a Senior Psychometrician should have:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge and experience with applying most psychometric analysis methods (Classical Test Theory (CTT), Item Response Theory (IRT), Item Factor Analysis (iFA), Exploratory and Confirmatory models, Structural Equation Modelling, etc.)
- Strong computer skills, including Statistical programs (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, MpLus) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details.
- Ability to confidently communicate with and effectively present information to internal team.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong individual initiative.
- Strong organizing skills.
- Strong commitment to quality.
- Very good problem-solving skills
- Ability to confidently communicate with and effectively present information to clients, senior management and other departments.
- Ability to work within a matrix team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple clients competing for attention, services and resources.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree or Ph. D in Psychometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Bio-informatics or a closely related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry) with a Bachelor's degree OR with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry) with a Master's degree OR a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry) with a Ph.D degree.
- 2+ years of experience with programming in SAS or R, SPSS or familiarity with implementation of statistical design and analytic methodology in other software
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- Travel as required.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.