Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Technology Solutions division of IQVIA develops and markets healthcare-focused enterprise software applications including Master Data Management, CRM, Multi-channel Marketing, Content Management, Social and Compliance solutions. The Digital Office leads the transformation of the Technology Solutions product portfolio and is developing a cloud-based Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence platform bringing a layer of intelligent services to Technology Solutions' software offering called "Ada". Ada's services use machine learning, natural language processing and deep learning techniques as appropriate, and relies on a big data layer.
The Senior Python engineer plays a pivotal role the delivery of this AI/ML platform. In this role, you will be responsible for the integration of the internal components of the platform (using apis, django, micro-services, and React.js) to simplify and automate the deployment of new algorithm pipelines. The ideal candidate is able to see big picture strategy while maintaining product roadmaps and customer deliverables to evolve new and exciting technology.
The Ada team is looking for its Sr. Python Engineer.
Do you have a passion for building great products? Do you believe in customer-centricity? Do you have strong analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills? Do you want to work in a positive, can-do environment where collaboration and growth mindset are valued?
Our team's values:
- We focus on building software that adds value for our customers
- We believe that the best idea or opinion precedes the title of its author
- We are respectful of everybody's "think" time, optimizing meetings and limiting interruptions as much as possible
- We value attitude over aptitude; no jerks allowed
- We value ownership, accountability, openness in collaboration and feedback
- We test our code before handing it off: unit tests, ML tests, (continuous) integration tests, etc
- We believe in reusing existing solutions over reinventing the wheel, and automating where possible
- We seek continuous improvement, individually and as a team
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in a Python based REST framework (e.g. Django, Flask, etc)
- Design, implement, manage and build internal component integration using Django application
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications with security and data protection in mind
- Must be able to innovate new solutions while integrating solutions with existing platforms
- Participate with the engineering and development teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and services.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or similar degree
- At least 3+ years experience developing and deploying end to end applications
- At least 3+ years experience with Python programming
- At least 1+ year of experience with Django or other Python based microservices full stack like Flask + Jinja etc.
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow is a plus
- Strong experience with test driven development methodologies
- Familiarity with REST API and web service development
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
To be successful in this role, you must also:
- Work well in a collaborative, team-based environment (both work autonomously and as part of a team)
- Be a self-starter who enjoys collaborating
- Be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be fast and efficient and able to juggle multiple projects
- Be an expert, proactive communicator, and possesses strong leadership skills
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™