Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
This position is responsible for building and supporting features of the DrugDev Spark platform.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Independently lead the development of medium to large system components
- Contribute to the design and development of new features and applications.
- Identify opportunities for process and tooling improvements and drive implementation
- Unit testing and functional testing of new functionality.
- Support customers and professional services as required to address any questions or resolve any issues related to the DrugDev Spark platform.
- Mentor more junior engineers and perform peer code review.
- Review of functional specifications and other validation deliverables.
- Coordinate release management activities, including alignment with quality and validation processes
- Serve as the back-up to senior engineering staff for releases and other duties when others are unavailable
- Support recruitment of new team members
- Provide technical thought leadership and help evaluate emerging technologies and 3rd party products
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical/functional expertise .
- Decision making
- Customer focus
- Conflict management
- Energy, motivation and work rate
This position may have responsibility for supervising people.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- BS in a related field (CS, Math) or comparable experience
- Graduate degree desirable
- At least 7 years of web application development experience or 5 years of web application experience plus graduate training
- Fewer years of experience will be acceptable with directly relevant coding expertise
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python, JS React, Ember, or similar web framework.
- Ability to lead and/or mentor a group of developers
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1052043