Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Senior Specialist LATAM Regional IT Risk Management & Austin Hub Compliance
This role is responsible for Information Technology LA Region Risk Management and Austin Hub Compliance initiatives that support our Company's IT business strategies. The Senior Specialist collaborates with LA Region and Austin Hub teams in partnering with the relevant business and IT global functions areas to effectively coordinate and deliver the execution of ITRMS standards to drive strategic capabilities for risk and compliance.
Under the management of the LA Regional IT Risk Management & Austin Hub Compliance Leader the Senior Specialist will be supporting the development and implementation of IT Cyber Security, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and overall IT Compliance activities areas to ensure compliance with Health Authority Regulations and others IT- related legal and security requirements. The Senior Specialist is a trusted advisor of the IT business account managers and client service leads identifying IT security and compliance opportunities.
- Incumbent will be primary provider of technical assistance and coordination/development/consultation to comply with IT Security and Compliance policies, standards, guidelines related to IT /computer system development, operation, and maintenance and monitoring.
- ITRMS expert resource supporting the IT Security and Compliance areas such as IT Cyber Security, SDLC & Compliance standards working directly with SME, owners of system, end user and the compliance leaders at business areas.
- Assess and communicate potential IT security & compliance risks and propose mitigation strategies
- Identification of IT security and compliance risks (e.g. training, security, SDLC) through internal/external assessments to drive strategic capabilities for risk and compliance.
- Partner with global IT Risk Management and Compliance functions to ensure appropriate collaboration and alignment as they relate to cybersecurity mitigation, IT Inspection Readiness and Compliance
- Provides immediate support to address virus/malware intrusions or regulatory findings relative to system improvements and subsequently coordinates the modifications of the standardized models and /or site-based flowcharts and procedures as required.
- Promote and support the requirements of the Global Ethics and Compliance Office.
- Serve as a liaison within IT Risk Management & Compliance and others SME on security and regulatory areas to support the correct interpretation and execution of regulatory and security requirements.
- Follow up and collaborate within business team providing solution to IT Security and compliance/regulatory situation.
- Author/revise SOPs, methods, protocols, and trend reports.
- Generate, review, modify, and provide critical input into Risk Management and SDLC methodology and compliance SDLC deliverables documentation generated and implementation, system change procedures or system retirement.
- Support to maintain and drive a high level of current state awareness, knowledge and understanding of compliance, regulatory & security high-risk regional areas. (i.e. Information Security, Risk Management, Global Infrastructure Qualification, Privacy, etc.).
- Support, engage and train the extended outsource partner workforce in IT Risk Management and Compliance areas.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's- or Master's degree in a science or technology discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in IT security, compliance & risk or regulatory area
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, Knowledge of GxPs, technical writing, data management collection and analysis
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Innovative, analytical and inquisitive mind-set: demonstrate the ability to adapt current work processes to meet emerging needs and changes in job responsibilities.
- Good administrative skills and the ability to work a strongly regulated environment.
- Ability to lead, support, and influence enterprise change initiatives
- Working knowledge of computer networking, databases (e.g. Oracle) and MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate issues in a succinct and logical manner. Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility in responding to changing priorities or dealing with unexpected events.
- Capability to handle multiple priorities and balance work to achieve business goals.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: