Requisition ID: MAT000663
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
- Planning the supply and purchasing of finished products, raw materials or components using the SAP system ( enterprise resource management)
- Conduct suppliers relationship management, discussing purchasing volumes forecasts, status of purchase orders, production and logistics issues.
- Conduct inventory reconciliation of materials owned by Merck Animal Health located in suppliers sites.
- Conduct SOP transactions for purchasing materials, like master data set ups, POs issuance, good receipts,etc.
- Create purchasing data reports from SAP applications (Aera)
- Create and set products standard costs
- Track and maintain the optimal level of finish products and materials stocks to assure the required level of supply
- Participate in new products launches or product improvements teams as required
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Marketing to understand business supply requirements and communicate supply issues.
Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering , or related area, or Associate degree with at least 10 years of work experience.
Required Experience and Skills: At least 5 years of experience working with the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System, product supply management, production planning and use of spreadsheets. Excellent interpersonal and communications, problem solving and time management skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills: Data analysis, management of contract manufacturers for the pharmaceutical industry, project management, transactional process improvement .
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Materials Planning/Scheduling
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City