About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
Help us bring quality to life. We are currently seeking top talent for our new OFP tableting facility located in Durham, NC.
Manage raw material planning & purchasing processes for OFP manufacturing lines to ensure availability of material for production. Align long-term & short-term production plans with external customer needs & production line capacities. Continuously improve logistic processes & maintaining plans in SAP.
- Create detailed production plans in order to issue schedules to multiple production processes & lines
- Plan & order materials for all manufacturing processes & products
- Update & maintain plans in SAP to ensure data integrity
- Create & analyze input data to prepare forecast & capacity utilization reports in SAP
- Collaborate closely with Line of Business (LoB) to optimize schedules & production plans
- Analyze impact of changes to input variables effecting Supply Chain processes. Prepare & present Supply Chain status reports & analysis enabling senior management decision making
- Complete daily Operational Planning (OP) steps in SAP
- Ensure planned shipment of finished products to external customers according to customer order dates or inventory policies
- Maintain & develop department procedures according to cGMP’s
- Ensure effective communication with internal & external stakeholders
- Provide consistent & stable demand for raw materials from suppliers by effective & efficient planning & communication in order to ensure availability of the right materials at the right time
- Serve as member of OFP Leadtime project group & as such implement best practices at site Durham
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience planning in SAP APO & ECC
- Familiarity with SAP systems (BW, APO, ECC preferred)
- MA/MS in these fields or an MBA a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; good presentation skills
- Experience implementing SAP
- Computer skills, including experience superuser of Excel (familiarity with Pas-x a plus)
- Proven process improvement & problem-solving skills
- Completion of cLEAN Basic, 1-Star and 2-Star training & projects (or willingness to complete); ability to become 3-star
- Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Ability to work hours necessary to support project and/or production activities
- Up to 25% international travel could be required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.