The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic - Boiler Operations position requires a thorough understanding of Steam Boiler, Chiller and HVAC plant equipment design and operating principles to safely, reliably and efficiently oversee the production and distribution of steam & chilled water. The person in this position will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining a license for the proper operation and maintenance of the waste neutralization systems. As part of the Facilities team, they will also assist in monitoring and maintaining all building utility & process equipment including air handlers, air compressors, pure water systems, life safety systems, building equipment, and general infrastructure.
- Execute and oversee a wide variety of tasks including the installation, maintenance, and repairs of boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment
- Make daily visual safety inspections of the boilers, high-pressure vessels, chillers, cooling towers, piping, controls and all related equipment
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance work orders for facilities equipment and complete associated documentation
- Perform on demand work order requests and complete associated documentation
- Monitor, maintain, and train team members on boiler systems including chemical testing and charging of brine tanks for feed water softeners
- As the boiler and HVAC technical expert, troubleshoot equipment and make reports to senior leadership on needed repairs, issues, system upgrades, or vendor support requirements
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Assist the Facility Manager in ordering parts and ensuring accurate inventory information
- All other duties and activities as needed
For this role you will need
- H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 6+ years of experience in a maintenance or facilities maintenance position
- Licensed Steam Boiler and Refrigeration Must possess an active Maryland Stationary Engineer Grade 1 license, or DC 3rd Class Engineer certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, communicating across all levels and functions of the business
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a heavily team focused environment
- Customer focused, with ability to multi-task and maintain the quality of work
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Understand priorities of systems to maintain building function
- Must have intermediate PC skills and experience with software for tracking and scheduling preventative maintenance events
- Microsoft Office, Outlook experience/knowledge
- Associates Degree
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the use of test equipment such as digital voltmeters, temperature probes and pneumatic calibrators
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic, electronic and hydraulic control systems
- AutoCAD experience
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities