Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Striker Account Representative is primarily responsible for developing and fostering long-term relationships with key physicians, key thought leaders and other applicable customers, operationalizing key customer accounts in support of appropriate product usage, and supplementing coverage in high volume markets. This position has multiple product responsibilities. In addition, incumbents are expected to represent the Company in a highly professional and ethical manner.
- Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through education, fair and balanced promotion of product features (including benefit/risk profiles) of assigned products among physicians and other healthcare providers in assigned territory. Operationalize key customer accounts in support of appropriate product usage.
- Develops and fosters long-term relationships with key physicians, key thought leaders, and total account call customers. Able to effectively communicate product approved indications and features and benefits to individuals or large groups. Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of product expertise and customer service for all assigned accounts. Maintains current understanding of local market, practice structures, business models, and key influencers.
- Utilizes sales force automation system and other tools to enhance impact of sales call and territory management. Appropriately uses this information to develop account business plans which address the needs of their geographies. Develops plans of action that meet the individual needs of their physicians. Maintains a current key physicians target list, submits regular updates to the physician data warehouse and plans calls to meet frequency targets. Possess broad healthcare and industry market knowledge and business acumen.
- Attends and actively participates in all required meetings and training programs. Continuously improves selling skills, including product and competitor knowledge. Carries out in a legally compliant manner all sales and marketing programs including occasional evening and weekend events, when approved.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 or more years professional, corporate or military experience required.
- 2 or more years pharmaceutical selling experience preferred.
- 3 or more years overall Sales experience preferred.
- Experience selling in complex environments preferred.
- Specialty and pain experience preferred.
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
Ability to travel up to 50%, to include overnight travel for meetings. Other travel as required by your territory.
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Additional Skills Required:
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals.
- Broad healthcare market business acumen and industry knowledge.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong business planning acumen.
- Self-motivated, with attention to detail and possess an executive presence.
- Ability to shift course and change priorities with minimum impact to job responsibilities.
- Selling Skills: Demonstrated ability to provide solutions and change behavior in support of business goals and objectives.
Relocation benefits are not offered for this position.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.