Manage the operational aspects of projects and programs. Will ensure that all project work is completed in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. Develop the requirements of the assigned IRT studies and manage the implementation in a way that ensures all patients get treated with the right study drug as per the Sponsor's study protocol. This is a highly consultative position in which the PM needs to utilize his/her Cenduit IRT knowledge to ensure a successful system build.
- Analyze the protocol and discuss the system needs with the client
- Consult the client in the best way to setup an IRT system for their study
- Author the user requirement documents and review with the client study team and internal teams
- Manage the study timelines and ensure study gets delivered before First Patient In (FPI)
- Review scope against initial proposal and manage needed budget changes
- Check progress of all deliverables and ensure internal teams get support as needed
- Perform system quality review (SQR) with Technical Operation team after the study is programmed and demo the system to the client
- Perform internal user acceptance testing with the Technical Operations team and the technical PM team after study is validated
- Manage the UAT activities with the technical PM team based on the client needs
- Actively support client and clarify client's questions during the UAT
- Manage system change requests for protocol amendments
- Provide detailed handover training of the study and system to the Client Services PM
- Conduct training at investigator/monitor meetings if needed
- Attend Investigator meetings, client audits, and may attend bid defenses.
- May train peers, mentor new hires (PM 1 and junior), and opportunities to train in area of expertise.
- Other related duties as required by business need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of 2+ years clinical research or project management experience
- Experience working in a customer service environment preferred
- Strong customer service ethic, always providing excellent service to both internal and external 'clients'.
- Established acumen in working with external clients.
- Accountable to perform tasks on-time and with high quality.
- Established and growing IRT technical aptitude (consultative-level for System Design role)
- Proficient in routine PM work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.