IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Role and Responsibilities:
The technical architect role presents the opportunity to study and evaluate new technologies and how they can be integrated in the global company strategy. The technical architect provides consulting and evaluation services to CIO and Business Unit teams in different domains of expertise and to contribute in product evaluations and/or new technologies. This role provides an excellent opportunity to liaise with key internal stakeholders working on innovation to help our experts in healthcare domain to provide the best services to our clients.
This role will require to partner and work closely with other IQVIA members of the CIO organization and other members of the broader IQVIA technical community. This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward-thinking department, evaluating cutting edge technologies.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Technology research, study the market trends in innovation, validate their opportunity to be integrated our global strategy program
• Research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POCs), vendor evaluations and and lab testing
• Lead efforts for technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products and vendors against the desired features
• This research can be done in collaboration with CIO and other business stakeholders
• Build relationships with external companies to evaluate their robustness to support our quality of service requirements
• Elaborate or review architectures to propose an architecture that respects our standards and delivers the best service
• Analyze architecture and product usage to resolve performance issues or to improve performance
• Identify technical and architecture risks, commenting and/or providing alternatives for improvement
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in IT architecture is mandatory
• Experience in information technology related positions with working knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, databases, processing systems, web applications, cloud, big data (compute & hosting) and virtualization (servers and containers)
• Experience with IT automation and DevOps methodology are recommended
• Experience with machine learning oriented infrastructure technologies
• Experience and commitment in delivering significant value to organization as a trusted advisor
• Good communication skills, including ability to communicate across countries and cultures
• Excellent team player and collaborator
• Attention to detail combined with strategic perspective
• Ability to take initiative and work on your own, and enthusiasm to drive through change and multi task
• Ability to exercise high level of confidentiality if dealing with highly sensitive information
• High level of accountability and ability to execute; experience with estimating and planning work effort including managing risks and issues in relation to delivery of work
• Commitment to ongoing professional development and development of team capabilities
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1091870