Requisition ID: SCI004772
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This position is responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing for Merck Animal Health products specific to the US Ruminant business, with a primary focus on the Beef Industry. Responsibilities include providing technical support for Ruminant products and programs, including response to product inquiries and adverse reports in accordance with internal, FDA, CFIA and USDA regulatory policies. The position will require developing trial protocols, monitoring and summarizing clinical and marketing support trials specific to Ruminant animal health. Position will be required to maintain contact with key industry professionals to include academic, nutritionist, feed company, veterinarians professionals and groups. Additional duties will include attending and presenting scientific data at prominent industry scientific meetings.
• Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to MAH Ruminant sales in North America. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
• Technical service includes but is not limited to: involvement in the development of new products, development of implant, deworming and vaccination programs and protocols for use of pharmaceuticals and biologicals, product use directions, adverse event reporting, dealing with ruminant health and production issues in customer's operations, customer complaints and education on MAH products.
• Travel will compose at a minimum 50% of incumbent's time. Travel responsibilities will be prioritized by value of customer and return of travel investment.
• Participate as a scientific speaker on the agenda of key ruminant industry meetings where needed by communicating non-proprietary company research and representing MAH as a source of highly valuable technical expertise, with a primary focus on the beef industry.
• Assist research and development team with product evaluation, licensing trials and product development for all MAH products. Perform field trial evaluation of newly license products to offer technical support information for those particular products.
• Obtain information regarding customer needs through various channels, networking and customer visits, providing feedback to prioritize research and development needs
• Work with the marketing team on key business initiatives to aid in development of technical and marketing brochures for MAH products.
• Act as a liaison between prominent researchers in university, government and private settings to supply MAH with stream of information regarding innovative products and developments within the research world.
• Communicate between various MAH departments, as needed, to aid in delivery of product to customers, i.e. International Registration, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Production, etc.
• Provide Sales force training as well as guidance on product implementation for external customers.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Must have a PhD or equivalent degree in cattle specific animal science.
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Must have minimum of 2 years related cattle animal science experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Public speaking in front of both large and small groups experience
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good leadership skills
• Candidate should have experience with all types of cattle production systems, ranging from cow-calf through feedlot production
• Ability to digest extremely technical information and present it in understandable terms to customers.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Field experience in cattle production preferred
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Scientific Sales Affairs
Other Locations: KS, US; TX, US; OK, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City