New hires based in the US & Puerto Rico will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law .
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant linked to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
Our Animal Health team offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest range of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services. The Millsboro, DE Animal Health facility is located in Sussex County, DE, within the Salisbury, MD-DE Metropolitan Area.
Millsboro is situated at the first point on the Indian River and is conveniently located 20 minutes from the beautiful Delaware beaches and 40 minutes from Ocean City, MD. Millsboro is rich in culture and is home to the Nanticoke Indian Tribe. Free concerts in the park, the outdoor farmer’s markets, dining at the many restaurants, antique and vintage shopping and boating are just some of the many ways people enjoy life in this quaint river town.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Production teams using key technologies for cell culture, filling and packaging. Join us and experience our culture first-hand - one of strong ethics and integrity, diversified experiences, and a passion for improving animal health. Our company, consistently cited as a great place to work, discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs.
What you can expect:
Starting on day one, we will provide you the necessary training the Technician will need to follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies while performing advanced laboratory services in various manufacturing areas. Throughout your career, we will offer you continued development through training classes, workshops, meetings, etc., to improve job skills and product-related procedures.
Some duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with a variety of manufacturing equipment while completing processes throughout the manufacturing cycle
- Assist with equipment setup and operation.
- Performs manual and/or automated operations, general maintenance and support functions
- Housekeeping in all work areas | Executes facility decontamination according to approved procedures
- Assist with performing aseptic procedures including media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
- Assist with performing non-aseptic procedures including handling of live poultry in the process of harvesting tissue and waste.
- Filling, labeling, capping, packaging, and inspecting product.
- Concurrent record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation.
- Identifies and addresses compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations as appropriate while notifying appropriate personnel
- May be accountable for accumulation, labeling and management of hazardous wastes, as appropriate to their area, providing you are properly trained prior to assignment.
- Demonstrates, at all times, safe work habits and maintains a safe work environment. Comprehends and complies with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in weekly reports as assigned.
- Attend training classes, workshops, meetings, etc., as required to improve job skills and product-related procedures.
- High School diploma/GED
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment with training
- Strong attention to detail and documentation skills are required
- General knowledge of reading, mathematics and computer skills are required.
- Ability to communicate and work in cooperation with other employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Successful completion of a Physical Abilities Test.
- This position may have varying hours based on the needs of the business
- May require a rotating shift
- Flexibility working overtime is a requirement in manufacturing
- Travel is not a part of this position
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
2nd - Evening
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: